What size pressure washer??

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, May 11, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

What size pressure washer should i get to spray off the equipment. Would the smallest 2-300 dollar gas powerd ones be strong enough to get the dried grass and junk off the mower and clean up my truck nice? Are the ones at home depot good? Hondas i think, Excell Brand? I dont think the electric ones would be good enough. Thanks for any help.

2. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

i have a 13hp honda 4000psi unit works great for me

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

what size is that comparitively? Big? How much was it?

4. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

around 1000.00 it is made by karcher the whole unit weighs over 100 lbs. you could also pressure wash houses, driveways and walkways for more money with a professional heavy duty pressure washer like mine

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

tttttttttttttt

6. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

more pressure equate to less time washing

7. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

LOL. More pressure=more damage. Its the gpm that speeds things up.

8. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH LawnSite Member

GPM is king in the wash industry. Anything which is 4.0GPM and higher with a belt driven system will be good. Stay away from the bargain washers, the parts are expensive and impossible to find. Plus you will be shopping again next year for a new one. The direct drive units usually have a 300-800hrs life span. While the belt driven ones usually double or tripple the life span.

DAFF

9. Barry M

Barry M LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Oh come on Don, it's the pressure that makes it faster. I'm thinking of buying a 2gpm 6,000psi so I can really clean houses....lol

10. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you need the pressure. Then the gpm does nothing for you.

Just washed mudd off a drive way after digging out with a track cat for a concrete pour. It was in the street packed into the asphalt. GPM wouldn't have done a lot for me. But the 5000psi did.

GPM is for when you're using chemicals for the cleaning. Which is what you should do.

But, the psi does tear stuff up if you ain't carefull... lol It ain't the way to clean a house though.