1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What size tip you spraying

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by viper881, Sep 30, 2012.

1. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

I've been experimenting between the 319 and 321 graco tips with my gun on spraying. The pattern is the say its just the 321 is putting it down just a little thicker. Also noticed i can get away with using the 319 on sealing but need the 321 for new asphalt. What size have you guys been using?

2. 21eagle

21eagle LawnSite Member

Used a 317 on newly sealed but rough lot wasn't happy with it. Going to pick up 321

3. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Ive noticed on rougher surfaces that 321 works better. I talked to someone today that swears by 319 only!

4. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

What type of sealer are you guys spraying with these?

5. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

It's not sealer it paint for striping
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

Was gonna say....lol. Makes sense.

7. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I use the 319 we just started to stripe mid season here due to a line striper that didn't show up due to a family emergency. I am liking this and should of started this 5 years ago, no worries about setting up another party to meet our time frame.

8. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

What kind of sprayer are u using. I got the 3400 graco and use a 321. It seemed the 319 wouldn't put it down thick enough, but I could just be walking to fast
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

3400 I agree you can walk to fast with that tip. I have the 321 just never tried it cause the 319 worked. I am new to this and have a few jobs that were in the cold. What do recomend for striping in the cooler weather?

10. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

I do the same as Ido when it's warm. Just takes a while for it to dry
    Posted via Mobile Device