what size toro ztr for 1/4 acre houses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contourbs, Aug 31, 2004.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i want another toro, whats better 52 or 62 for the 1/4 acre yards

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say a 52'' at most...

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say whatever you can afford and what will be beneficial in the future of your business...

4. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

52 would be more versatile. I use mine on lawns that only require 4 passes. Job pays $25 every week. 6 minutes of work, gate down, to gate up! I also use mine to mow 4 acres of property. Very versatile mower deck size, if you ask me.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

52 is probably best unless you do a lot of larger mowing. I have a 60" gravely pm260 and it works fine, but on some a 52 would be better and faster. I also do some large properties that the 60 is way faster.

Get a good mower and the size isn't such a big deal.

DEMO both and see. Demo on your accounts.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, a 52" mower does seem to be just about ideal for just about everything from postage stamps on up to props around 3 acres or more..Then I'd go straight for a 72.. The problem for me is, Gated prop's that anything bigger than 32-36" won't fit because of gates.. Gates are definately the spoiler...

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If all you intend to ever do is 1/4 acre and smaller than a 52 will be fine. If you think you may get into some larger properties later than get a 60.