1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what size track loader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alexschultz1, Apr 25, 2011.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

what do you guys own? im looking at buying a decent used track loader, i was thinking of a t190 but i dont want to spend all my money and buy something to small.. or to large? maybe a dingo?

2. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

i didn't see this on the southern part of this site ,that's were i usually am what do you want to know (try posting there, lots of knowledge).be more specific IE what you will do with it.cheers!

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Skids are only as useful as their lifting capacity. There will inevitably come a day when you will want to use it to unload pallets of sod, fertilizer, etc... and a small machine will not have the ability.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

T190 is a good size loader will lift 1,900 lbs You buy one to big you wont be able get it in tight areas to work I have 1991 Tireloader 3825 Gehl its like 1/2 size of a T190
    My 3825 will lift 1,000 lbs and will fit on a 5ft side walk plowsnow Its speed is faster then a T190
    I say pick the size on what type work you going to be doing
    I was going buy T190 last year but spent money on something else