What size trailer do I need?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SoloSulkySurfer, Apr 16, 2009.

1. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

Currently I have a 48 ztr, 48 wb, and 32wb. What size trailer do I need to fit them? 14ft.? I would possibly carry 2 ztr's in the future along with the 32"wb could I still do that with a 14 or would I need a 16 footer? Thanks for the help.

2. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

Always go bigger than you think you need. I almost bought a 5x10 last year and ended up getting the 7x12. Was glad I did every day I used it. I outgrew that already and bought a 16ft today. I will probably be selling that next year for an 18-20 ft. With those mowers you need at least a 14ft. Better to have extra room to expand than to fit mowers on it like a puzzle.

3. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 14' and it fills up pretty fast (one Exmark Lazer Z and a Better Dually 36). Plenty of room for them but not if I had another mower. Go with the 16 minimum with 3 mowers (maybe even the 18')

4. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

5. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

6. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

16-18 footer for sure. IT there will be plenty of room for the mowers , but sometimes you gotta carry catchers, 21" mowers, or walkbehind blowers. So you cna just put thme in the trailer intead of in the back of your truck.

7. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

do you own a tape measure? put them in your driveway how you would put em on a trailer and measure. leave a few extra feet for any extra sh*t you might need to take along. done.

8. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, my 4x6 is definitely holding its max. I should have gotten larger, but it was a while ago when I was newer and was still using that Scotts 17/42. My next step is a large enclosed one, but not too large as I'm solo and my small truck would feel the pull. It feels it a bit now.

9. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

at least a 16ft

10. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ide say 16ft I fit everthing on mine plus I have a 5X10 for when i have small jobs.