What size trailer for 2 21"

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mclaughld, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Mclaughld

Mclaughld LawnSite Member

What size trailer will be just big enough to fit 2 21" mowers side by side? What should I expect to pay?

2. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to put them in the back of your truck, or do you not have a truck?

3. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

4. Mclaughld

Because i want to save my back.

5. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Would two wooden ramps not work? That's what I did when I worked for a friend years ago. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just curious. Otherwise a trailer like C Man posted would be just about right.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ok , slighty off topic, I would look @ a 5x8 in case you decide to move up to a larger walkbehind unit. A 4 x8 would get you by for now but if you move up to maybe a 48'' mower it would be too small, just my 2 cents

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Get one of the rideon spreader ramps that plugs into a hitch. Has the ramp built in and I would imagine with some modifications you could get both on there.

Much easier to get around that way!

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Is this question for real?
    Let's see............21 times 2 equals................. ;)

9. Mclaughld

Thank you C Man for the link. I must have been unclear in my question because everyone gave me suggestions on what else i could do instead of answering my question about the trailer.

I have 2x21" mowers. I want the smallest trailer possible that will fit them side by side. The trailer needs to have a ramp built into it. What size trailer do you think covers this and what should i expect to pay. Does anyone have a link to a trailer like this?

Please dont suggest ramps or hover crafts or catapults or anything else besides a trailer that fit this description. :D

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I stated that a 4x8 would do it, Im not sure of the width of a 21'' mower but 2 x 21'' = 42 so that leaves you 6 inches to spare. Northern tool has a 4x8 with a gate for around $500.00 I think, here is a link
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...?storeId=6970&productId=200244924&R=200244924