What size trailer to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Skolnick's Landscaping, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Skolnick's Landscaping

Skolnick's Landscaping LawnSite Member

i'm in the market for a new landscape trailer new or used and I was wondering what size trailer you guy recomend i want to put a 62" ZTR on it and a gravely 50" with a saulky and probably a gravely 36" which i'm gonna buy this season i may just weld a ramp onto the trailer to the back of the truck to put the 36 on the truck what size do you guys recomend

2. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

A 16' will handle the equipment you described. Just turn the wb's sideways if you need more space.
  3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

16 ft is the way to go. You need a big rig to pull all of that. And of course electric brake hook up. Prepare to buy some tires for your trailer, those dual axles eat the tires!!
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

A 16' foot will do, but if you plan on expanding your business you might concider an 18'er.
  5. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

i agree with bob I got a 16' trailer and I wish every day that I had a 18'. I can squeeze my jd 455 and my xwd2600 dc on and two trimmer mowers I need the room to put a 48" wb.
  6. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Minimum 16', an 18' would be better.
  7. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Yupper 16 or bigger, I am quickly outgrowing my 12' I just Bought a 61" turf tiger and It takes up half my trailor, oh well, ill just have to buy another one
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If you were talking about 3 wb I would say the 16 footer. Seeing as how you have the rider I would go for the 18 foot. I think that this will be your best bet.

If you have any questions someone mentioned organizing your equipment needs on your driveway to see how much room you need.

Dont forget to allow for the power rakes, aerators, and fert spreaders when measuring your needs. No point in needing another truck or trailer to haul a few pieces of equipment that were forgotten when considering your needs.

Good Luck this season!
  9. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Almost every trailer I've bought, I felt like it was too small a couple of months later. I suggest getting one that you feel is too big so that you'll have room for growth. My biggest now is 26' and it seems to get the job done :)
  10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I can fit my 62 z master, my 36 walk behind, a push blower and a push mower on my 16ft trailer and i still have 4 ft of extra room! 16 is plenty!