1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What size trailer will I need?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 11, 2008.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

What would be the best size open trailer that would hold either of these 2 combinations

1. a 50 inch Ztr, 36 wb, and 2x21 wb's

2. 2x36 wb's and 2x21 wb's

Would I need like a 6x12 or more like 7x16?
  2. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I would get the 7*16 just to be safe and you have some room to move around on the trailer
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I started with a 6 X 12 and immediatly went to a 16 ft open. Now im at a 20 ft enclosed. Learn from my mistake, buy the long enclosed from the get go if you can afford it.
  4. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

yea the inclosed would be better if you can afford it
  5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

get the biggest that you can afford.you'll be surprised how quick you out grow a little trailer
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I bought a 6x12 and already (1 month) wish I had gotten a longer trailer. I can get by with it but want to add a 4x4x6 dump box on the front part of the trailer for grass clippings. If I do, I'll loose all the room I have and not have space for my push mower. Man I wish I had gotten at least a 16ft long trailer. Oh well, I'll get by with it.
  7. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

get your frickin' tape measure out and figure it out yourself........... my god!!!
  8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

6x12 will work but 14 ft would be ideal ...
  9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

20 ft enclosed carmate about 6000 thats what you should start and finish with.
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

try to get the largest you can afford......

however make sure you have a place to keep it too....

my damn truck hangs out about 3 feet into the street while parked at my house....