What Size?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Groundcover Solutions, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok What size truck and trailer do I need to pull a Manitue MLT 633 Turbo it weighs approximately 15,745 lbs?

2. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

a Ford F-550 diesel w/ a 6 speed

3. Groundcover Solutions

I think that a 3500 dodge with a goosneck (2500 or 3500 did not get a close look) brought it to me I am just not sure what i need to get as far as a trailer and truck. The 550 sounds a little over kill!!! pluse that would cost a fortune

4. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

how bout an international 4700 or 4900, or a gmc 6500....ford f 650 everyone is swithing to single axle dumps here...more power more carrying capabilty, more truck for yur money

Chuck

5. Top Notch

Top Notch LawnSite Member

so the machine is 15.7k lbs.

a decent trailer for that thing will weigh at least 3k lbs.

A 1 ton diesel truck will weigh 8k lbs.

You're up to 27K+ lbs so far. A 1 ton truck will max out at 23k GVW, so you're over weight. You'll need something heavier (and expensive) like the 550 mentioned above.

6. Groundcover Solutions

i think i will double check the weight of the loader. I know that the guy that dropped it off did not use a big truck to deliver it to me. We have no need for a large truck just to pull the loader. I am just cereious to see what it will take to move it around. I will get back to you all with the double checked waight of the loader.