What!?!? Snow again???

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Apr 16, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I just checked Intellicast, and it said snow showers here tonight... excuse me?!?!? We've had consistant 50, 60 and 70 degree weather here for about two weeks now. I know nothing will stick, but still... WHY NOW?!?!?! I was really beginning to enjoy the nice weather. My dad's going to pick his new boat up this weekend, we started painting around our house... and now this. I tell ya what, Chicagoland weather is really starting to irritate me. Any houses for sale in Erie??? LOL.

-Tim

2. JV

JV LawnSite Member

Sounds like your in the same type of area I'm in. Round here they say "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes - it will change". Hang in there, it can't last forever!

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

There is a chance of accumulating snow come tuesday wednessday up my way.

Geoff

4. matthew Urban

matthew Urban LawnSite Member

Same thing here.
    Matt

5. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

Five highways closed up here - 8-12" of wet slimy snow. Not quite in my area - I think I'm safe.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It is snowing like crazy out there right now. Looks like I mow in the snow tomorrow. :(

7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We've had 4" so far today.
    4-6" more tonight.
    Just hope it stays on the grass.... but.... the guys pulled down the plows today and put them outside... just in case.

8. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

We put the 10' plows back on the big trucks, and are verry happy we didn't haul the loaders off site yet.

Geoff

9. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

John,

Seriously man... you HAVE GOT to be burned out. Judging by your posts, it looks like it's pretty much always snowing in Erie. Make sure you're taking care of yourself, you can do a lot of damage to your body by not eating right, and not getting enough rest. Look at me, I'm only 24 and have collapsed a lung already.

Take it easy... hope you get a break soon.

-Tim

10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Snowed pretty good here today(no accumulation). The temp was a balmy 38 deg. with a 20mph wind. Even colder for Tue.