What software are you using/recommend for billing and scheduling?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by krlc, Jan 12, 2013.

1. krlc

krlc LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I am thinking about buying some new software. I currently am using excel to bill my customers but I want something a little more professional looking. What are you guys using? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Painting Stripes 11

Painting Stripes 11 LawnSite Member

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Quickbooks Pro for accounting. I do my scheduling on a day planner.

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks and qxpress. Its an older program, but fairly solid & from what I've heard, they will be updating to accommodate i-phones & droids by fall of 2013.

5. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

Right now I am using jobber and so far I like it. The few things that it is lacking is supposed to be released in the next few weeks. Hopefully
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Sensation Man

Sensation Man LawnSite Member

Been using Quickbooks pro for many years. Currently I have the onder 2010 version. Thinking about upgrading to the mobile 2013 version soon. However, it's important to knote that Quickbooks does not to anything for the scheduling. Other softwhere like Clip and jobber will integrate with quickbooks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. krlc

krlc LawnSite Member
    from Florida

What about LawnPro or Gopher software they are both rated good and they download to Quickbooks, is anyone using them?

8. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use gopher. It was great for mowing and plowing. When I got into chemical apps and went from 50 mowing customers up to over 200 fert and mowing customers I switched to Qxpress. Qxpress has several great features (many I'm probably not even aware of.) Prepay letters, zone services, group charge lists, sinc perfect with Quickbooks. The biggest thing for me was gopher was very limited for fertilizer applications especially when it came to prepays.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Any advise on how well gopher downloads to quickbooks? Is it reliable? How does it work?

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

QuickBooks pro and clip