1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what software do you suggest

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Guye, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Lawn Guye

Lawn Guye LawnSite Member

2. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

I actually purchased the program last month and have used it only a couple of times- slow time of the year. It is pretty easy to follow, so far, but I haven't done much with the program overall. Like any program- it will take a while to learn the ins and outs. The programs manual can be printed in the program so that was a pain to print 50+ pages. So far, no complaints, but like I said I haven't done much with it yet. i also thought the price was pretty fair after comparing it with other programs for that price. It all depends on how much money you are looking at spending.
  3. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I use Quickbooks right now, I have been searching for some software specifically for the lawn care business. I have looked over a lot of them. Lawnpro seems to be pretty good. I need more feedback though, before I make my pick.
  4. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I also got the Lawnpro program, seems good so far gonna set it up fpr the spring. It also does invoices, estimates, customer surveys, estimating and some other good stuff. Price is decent too!!
  5. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

How about Clip?
  6. F&SLawnCo

F&SLawnCo LawnSite Member

I have been using Lawnpro for several years now. I have used tons of others (clip, quickbooks, etc.) Ihave found that you really need to decide if you want scheduling software or software to run youe entire business. I like the scheduling in Lawnpr because it is so easy and simple to maintain. The business reports are fair at best, definitely not as detailed or manageable as quickbooks. For the most part, you can make most any software work for youe businees. It is usually just a matter of preference.
  7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Like you say Lawnpro has nice scheduling features and is tailored to the lawn industry and its affordable. I use Quick Books Pro and have been for years. There are things I wish it had and scheduling is one of them and some other conveniences that most programs for this industry have. Like I said I have been using Quick Book Pro for years and it has served my business fine and like what was said above reports that you get with Quick Books Pro are an invaluable tool in determining how your business is doing. It depends on what your looking for in a program but for me I think I will stay with Quick Books after all what counts the most are the reports and the other features Quick Books offer.
  8. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

other than quickbooks, does anyone know of any lawncare specific software for macs?