What software do you use poll?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Mar 20, 2005.

?

What do you use?

1. Gopher

11.4%
  2. Groundskeepr

10.0%
  3. Quickbooks

61.4%
  4. Qxpress

14.3%
  5. CLIP

2.9%
  1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

please fill out the poll as the type of software you use for your business

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks been very very good to me :) We have a customer service rep that lives nearby, she has helped many business owners around here. I would add that almost all small business owners I've encountered around our area seem to use QB.

-Geoff

3. tiedeman

from earth

I have used QB since like 98 if I remember correctly. I love the program. The only things that I hate about it is 1. how to enter expenses, 2. no scheduling capabilities. Then this year I have been trying out Qxpress for scheduling...that is another story.

Looks like I am going to maybe be hooking up with Gopher here soon.... maybe.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

For me being a new full time start up QB has been a God send. Although I've been mildly surprised and have picked up enough business ( I don't believe we will starve this year :) ) I still don't have so much that I am to date encountering scheduling issues, these would be good problems to have IMO
    I would recommend QB for anyone just starting out full time or part time though, especially if a solo-op. I got the simple start edition for my limited for now needs, upgrades are about $100 a step up in level, i.e. when you get employees etc. This edition serves my purposes for now and my CPA is happy we are using it also.

-Geoff

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you had a change of heart?

I voted for Qxpress, but I actually use Lawn Monkey....both are made by Alocet.

6. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Tiedeman

Some of us use two the the program listed. For me, Quickbooks and Clip. One for accounting and one for scheduling.

For accounting, I do not think you could find a better program for the price. You get top notch book keeping, online banking, online billpay, payroll service, any report you could possibly imagine and virtually any CPA will have working knowledge of this program.

7. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use Lawn Monkey.

I didn't vote.

David

8. tiedeman

from earth

Check your PM

I wanted to list all the programs, but it would only allow me 5 spots for voting.

9. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey what's up? I thought you were sold on Qxpress too!

10. tiedeman

from earth

don't get me wrong, it's a great program...