What software do you use to keep the books?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Harris Bothers, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Harris Bothers

Harris Bothers LawnSite Member

I was wondering what software do you use/recommend to keep your books. Thinking about quicken. Also, can anyone send me an example of a contract.

2. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

I use QuickBooks Pro..

Quicken is a good program and there are others as well.

I like Pro but it is a little intimidating when you get started.

Also depends on what you need to get out of it. Small company, no employees, etc...

Good Luck.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Quickbooks for me too.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Dome simplified monthly bookkeeping record book. The name says it all. I think I got it at Staples. As far as a contract, you can make one up using your computer.

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I use Quicken for the checking, monthly cash basis book (manual) for the income/expense records. I found a invoice program at Office Max for $10.00, does an excellent job of invoicing, estimating, and holding customer records.
    Hopefully next year I can move up to something better, Lawn Monkey looks like a good program.
    There are many free demos available. Also talk to your accountant on what records he will need for tax work.

6. davesgs75

davesgs75 LawnSite Member

Quick Books Pro is my choice..

7. Poplen

Poplen LawnSite Member

I use Quicken Home & Business. Has a basic invoice module that logs payments and transfers (data)directly to bank account. Estimates are entered for customer then tranfered to invoice upon acceptance of job. $80 cheaper than Quickbooks. Very basic and quick to learn.

8. dhicks

dhicks Member

I use Quickbook Pro. I like the fact that the data can be dumped into Excel and Quickbooks E-Z reporting capabilities are great. The software is E-Z to use. I have not cracked the manual once.

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick Books Pro n a CPA ;->

10. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We use quick books pro but my wife just got the updated 2001 version at her work an we are gonna try it .she says it is great!