What software do you use???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TotalLawnConcepts, Jan 29, 2005.

1. TotalLawnConcepts

TotalLawnConcepts LawnSite Member

I have a question for everyone. I am trying to get alot of insight on this. My is What Software does everyone use for scheduling and billing? I have seen alot out there like clip ($379) Real Green($2500 basic) gopher ($199) etc.... I have seen price from one end of the spectrum to the other. Last year a ran a manual( the old pencil and paper) schedule which worked just fine, just a lot of work. We are expanding quickly and I know that this year the old manual way will be a nightmare. So if you have so great programs that you use, please let me know. I have been searching every where to try to find something.

2. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

I use Quickbooks Pro and like it very much. There is a program that intergrates with QB called QXpress(which I have not used yet), but it does your scheduling and routing as well. You can get QB for aound $299 or lease it online for $20/month and get QXpress for around $425 or you can lease it for $27/month.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Contact management---ACT
    Books------------------Quick Books Pro
    Schedule--(just started)
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

This year, I am going to start using Groundskeeper Pro. They send you a free trial CD. I've just started using it a little bit this month to bill a couple of snow removal jobs. Its pretty effective and easy to use once you get the hang of it, and the bills it prints a very professional looking. I have'nt used the scheduling feature much though.
  5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I use Quickbooks Pro and QXpress from Alocet for scheduling and invoicing. It works well for me.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

QXpress is new to me. Can I find it on the web?
  7. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

8. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have Lawn Monkey.
    Has its pros and cons. I will admit, now that I have one year of it behind me, I like it better now than I did when I first got it. Its just not as efficient as I think it could be for $1400.00.

9. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

I am using quickbooks for billing and Microsoft Outlook for scheduling and backing my outlook schedule up to a hotmail calendar which can be accessed on line all the time.
  10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Click link below......................