what software should i use

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by tree_hugger, Nov 8, 2011.

1. tree_hugger

tree_hugger LawnSite Senior Member

looking to upgrade from quicken and i was wanting to find something more landscaper friendly so what should get? thanks

2. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Anything but quickbooks you buy their software and then if you have a problem or question you have to pay for support. NOT !

3. Beautiful Lawn Care

Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from 53223

Service AutoPilot!!!!

4. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

I own the company that makes Jobber (http://www.getjobber.com). We relaunched our product back in August with new features and user interface and have been getting a lot of really great feedback from all of our users, both new and old.

Our software is extremely flexible, robust, and affordable, and our customer service is second to none.

Give it a try, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, concerns, or need any help getting set up.

5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

ok I went to jobber web site but still have some questions the jobber add-ons are, I assume they additional cost right? and if so how much?

6. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

AztlanLC,

Greetings - we're in the process of making some changes to our website, and one of them is to post our Add-On prices. In the mean time, here's the current pricing:

Timesheets: $7 / month
    ePayments: $10 / month
    QuickBooks Syncing: Free Beta (This will likely be in the $10 / month range)
    Website Forms: Free Beta (This will likely be in the $5 / month range)

I hope this helps! If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

7. tyslawnservice

tyslawnservice LawnSite Member

it's kind of a old program but this is what i use. works great for mowing rout, billing, Scheduling. hope this helps

http://www.gophersoftware.com/

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Ummmm, this is the way it works for pretty much all software. :rolleyes:

I find QB a great program with very little help needed.

Stay away from the companies with annual extortion fees.

9. nateslawncare

nateslawncare LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I have been using billings for 3 years now, and I don't really have any complaints. I also have a mac, so it was the only software that I liked as they are few and far between. I looked into Jobber, and I did do the trial for it. The major turn off was the fact that it is a web based application, and has a monthly fee. Just something I don't feel completely comfortable with.

10. wiselandscaping

wiselandscaping LawnSite Member

You might want to give Q Express a try