What software to use ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Turf Dancer, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Lawn and Landscape Maint business I have used the ledger books and hand written reciept books and I have also tried Quickbooks Pro . I know there are several Lawn Service Programs out there and I want to know what software program is easy to use ! I need this program to do scheduling, routing, billing, banking, and expenses . Which program do I use ?

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Use QXpress from Alocet. It will do the job and interface directly with QB Pro so you have to very little to set it up. Siper flexible program with lots of do it your self customization.

Mention Harold Fox when you contact them.
    QXpress

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Try looking at CLIP. A friend uses that, and swears by it.

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I, too, in the near future, will purchase another software program of some kind. I just don't know what to get. Do any of these software programs keep track of applications in addition to maintenance? Thats what I need to look in to. Thanks.

5. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto what HBFox said.

6. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy of mine also uses CLIP and it is really nice.

7. ChicagoLawn

ChicagoLawn LawnSite Member

Clip is a fantastic time saving software package!

Go to one of their regional training classes and you will see how you can incorporate Clip software into your operation.

I have been using it for over 8 years.

ChicagoLawn

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I just use good ol' microsoft Works for documents and spreadsheets. It keeps all my records arraigned for me. I use basic Quicken for my check registry. And so far I use a steno size note book for daily records and a med invoice book for billing.
    pretty simple but I work alone and don't have a large volume to keep track of. Works for me

9. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use Microsoft Works Suite for word processing (letters and forms), mail merge (labels, envelopes), database (maintenance, warranty, pesticide info), spreadsheets (worksheets and calculators). You can import from Spreadsheets and Databases to Word.

I use Peachtree First Accounting to keep the books. There is a tutorial for the accounting challenged like me. My wife does the books, but I learned to do it also. (keeps her honest ;) )

I use CLIP Lite 50 as my AR module, and for routing, scheduling, and billing, and evaluating time/profit.

I've read where some on this forum think CLIP and Peachtree are hard to use. IMO, they're pretty easy to learn. Any accounting software will probably look foreign at first.

If you have a hard time using anything by Microsoft, find another occupation that doesn't involve sharp, fast moving objects. :D

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Try groundskeeper pro its really easy to learn has a ton of options. Allows you to do invoicing and all that, I like it. Its about $350 though, you can download it and try it for free before buying it. www.adkad.com. Also have online support and if you get the pro version you get automatic updates sent to you.