1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What some people will do for a buck! Even dog poop!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Mar 23, 2004.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

So today I was driving around town and 2 cars ahead of me was a nice F150 with a lot of graphics on it. So naturally i'm looking at it trying to figure out what kinda business it was because these graphics looked very expencive and well done and the truck was nice, new and clean. So eventually the car infront of me turns and i'm behind the truck, now I'm looking at the sides and there are just brown spots all over it??? and i pull up behind it, the tailgate read DR. POOPER SCOOPER. I'm looking at the screaming WTF? I was amazed!! there slogan was "our duty is to pick up your pets duty" I was in aww. The was a guy on the back with a bag and a shovel!! I can't explain how nice the graphics on the truck looked ether and it was a new body style F150 ext cab 4x4. It also read on the tail gate "$10 per pick up". How does he make any money? and afford that truck? Its hard for me to believe he does that as a hobbie. To top all matters he is out of the richest town in the county Sparta, New Jersey. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of his truck. I think i'm going to some how get a picture of it and post it for you guys. It was truely amazing. But anyway, hell for 10 bucks, i'm refering him to all my accounts that i have a problem with doggy mess. I think he is going to help out my business this year.

OH WAIT IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ABOUT THIS GUY, The best part of his truck was he posted his website on the tailgate to.

I though you guys would be quite interested in this guy.

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Maybe he eats his pickups........:blush:
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the way you can see the heat waves coming off the fresh pile on the website.
  4. JohnK

JohnK LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

Dang to bad he's not around here, I'd pay him $10 to clean up after my 2 big dogs...
  5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

my yard is full of land mines.. I would probably pay him as well....
  6. celltech

celltech LawnSite Member

I just noticed the same service advertised up her in Northern Michign. It was listed in the newspaper. The name was Scoop Doggie Logs.

and web site of course www.scoopdoggielogs.com
    quote from website

"Why not let a professional de-poop your yard of your best friends little gifts?
    We will even deliver Fido's favorite food right to your door.
    Rates starting at 30.00 per month with one visit per week.
    That's just pennies a stool !!"

I told my wife the same thing...what the #$#%!! But hey, congrats on making money how you can!!

NEWINNJ LawnSite Member

Yeah I hear they are number one in the number two business!!!!
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

There is a few companys like that here and I refer my customers with dogs to him as well.

Where do you guys think he dumps all that crap?
  9. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

maybe he makes it into Fertalizer.
  10. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

nobody here offers that as a service? I have a few I do poop for.