1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Sprayer to get

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by critter, Jul 23, 2008.

1. critter

critter LawnSite Member

Any suggestions as to who sells a good spray rig ? Please don't tell me Lesco/ John Deere Landscapes because I purchased a 200 gal unit this past friday at 9:30 AM and returned the piece of scrap by 4:30 the same day. They never test ran the unit and it was finally found out that they forgot to add oil in engine. Supprt staff at store was sad so I decieded that it would be a cold day in hell before I ever buy their again. Anyway, I got quotes from Oldham and GNC Corp., any other suggestions?
  2. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

Gregson Clark makes some nice units. They are also a sponsor of this site.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not gonna dig into the situation you had because it really doesn't matter but I can't imagine having a unit of any kind for most of the day and not checking the oil, that's usually common sense 101, yeah maybe they should have checked it first but come on, every machine on the market these days are pretty sensative to oil level, I would have checked it even if they checked it right in front of me, anyway sorry to hear about your'e tank, get an older FMC Roller unit.
  4. bugthug

bugthug LawnSite Member
    from PA

I bought my last one from fords and gantt in macon ga. they are far better and cheaper than any other builder. Not to knock other makes but they are crap compaired to the ones made here
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I thougth the Lesco units had Honda's on them?

Becasue they will automatically shut off if the oil is low!

How long did you run it before you figured out it didn't have any oil?
  6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Kawasaki for years now.
  7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Didn't know that! I have never had a skid sprayer, but just thought they had Honda's when I have seen them.

Don't the Kal's have oil shut offs then?
  8. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

My Kawi on the 100 Gal Lesco with Hypro D-30 has the Low Oil Shutoff :)

Great lil' engine, uses no oil and cheap on fuel too.

Lesco made some good ones!

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Wonder how critter ran all day without oil then?

Huh! :dizzy:
  10. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

I'm building my own the next time I need a new rig.