1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what steps do you do to make the lawn nice and green ha

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikefromny, Jul 28, 2005.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

i want to know in a step by step process what do u do for the customer .. for example
    step 1 : thatch .. from the beginning of the season from the first mow to the bunch in between to the last one .. do u put down fertizler after u cut.. lime.. what do u do >? trying to get a list and start a business in 06 and want to get a solid idea of step by step process for houses
  2. Git-R-Dun

Git-R-Dun LawnSite Member

Just dont cut the grass so short leave it longer.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

get a job with an exisiting company so you can learn what to do, more to it then just cutting grass
  4. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

That is a really good idea, is to get a job with another company. Try to find a medium sized company that has a good reputation. I worked for a bigger company for a year and all I did was just get stuck doing the same job over and over and over. I think if you work for a company that just has one or two crews you might get to switch things up a little bit. You will probably mainly mow, but some days you might mulch, spring/fall cleanup, hedges. Just a suggestion.
  5. bossy boots

bossy boots LawnSite Member

I know that alot of ppl probably sign contracts for lawn care to be done on a weekly basis weather it needs it or not but you should never cut the grass if it doesn't need it ,what we do is if the grass doesn't need to be cut is do some weeding or edge the gardens or trim up a couple bushes ( something thats worth about the same amount of $ ) and do not cut the grass too short , cutting the grass longer makes it possible to cut it every week.