What Steps?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by eazy, Mar 24, 2004.

1. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello, I am fairly new to the website and was wanting to get some information on Irrigation License.

Here's the deal, I am a firefighter so I have two days off. Work one off two!!

My question is what steps do I need to take to get my Irrigation License so I can install and maintain sprinklers systems and how long of a class is it?

Your inputs would be surly appreciated!!

Thanks for your time,
    eazy

2. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

You should contact your state plumbing board to find out what is involved in getting your license. Some states such as Rhode Island requires that one has atleast 3 years of in the field experienced signed off by a licensed contractor. In MA which is right next doors has no such thing as a license (Yet!)

3. Merc145

Merc145 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Easy'

Where in Texas are you a FF. I am in Denton and had the same probs. Best way to find out is go to Longhorn, or some dealer and ask for a school reference. It was like the Mafia to find out about it. Now I have been in it for about 4yrs. email at hot4teach@ntws.net

4. houston

houston LawnSite Member

Eazy,

Go to this site for licensing info.

Go to this site for approved classes. You can search in here for classes required before you get your license.

Where abouts in Texas are you?

5. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I live in the Waco area but work in Cedar Park, just north of Austin.

Thanks for your time,
    eazy