What stick edger do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Bobbo22, Jun 13, 2014.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fc90. It can handle overgrowth, but my straight shaft might be a little better. Any overgrown yards to a certain extent are edged with a weedeater. That extra speed makes a HUGE difference in the finished edge. Well... If you're OCD like myself.

How many jobs do you do that have overgrown edges? I only experience this on some new clients that are switching from doing it themselves to a lawn service. Really not enough to sacrifice the comfort that a curved shaft has.

Small lawns and reel mowed accounts are edged with a weedeater. Small lawns bc we save time by not switching machines, and reel accounts bc it makes the edge look tight. I always try to use the stick edger though. Faster and easier.

2. Greenstar61

Greenstar61 LawnSite Member

I use the Stihl Professional Kombi system with KM110R & KM130R units with straight shaft FCS-KM lawn edgers. I trim, edge, prune, sweep, condition beds, and blow using one power head. Very good, efficient, powerful, reliable system. Been using the Kombis for 4 trouble-free years.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

I use my Echo PE-200. It's an old, but faithful machine. It's about 7 years old. I really like the Echo edgers because they aren't too expensive but they are decently powerful and are lightweight. This is the older unit and the newer replacement to the PE-200 is the PE-225. Still a great machine which I would recommend. It's been a great machine for my use and I only use it for a few yards as I use my string trimmer to edge others but it's a great machine. This

4. lcboy

lcboy LawnSite Member

Redmax easy starting good power

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  5. Bobbo22

Bobbo22 LawnSite Member

How's the blade change different than other models?? What makes it easy?

6. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Echo has excellent power & weight balance.

7. jbss86

jbss86 LawnSite Member

KM90 works good plenty power

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

We use a Stihl stick. Not sure the model number. It is great for big apartment complexes. May be a heavy tool to some so with the right arm strength it seems pretty good overall. Blades change easy and it goes fast enough.

9. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

I use an Echo PAS-266, I can use it as something else when I'm not edging also which is nice.

10. olajoe808

olajoe808 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5b

dolmar. Lightweight, very reliable, easy start, good power, plus the price doubled in a year, excellent roi.