what stick edger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnjockey56, Jan 20, 2007.

1. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

hey guys im old school with my mcclane edgers and want to pick up a stick this season-whats the word on brand? thanks

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Echo PE-260 or Shindaiwas LE-260.

3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Sorry to steel the thread but does any one have some advice for me? I have an echo stick edger (with plastic guard) i seems to always be clogging on me wet or dry. I noticed i the 2 higher models the side is not on there. if i go and cut off 1 side of my guard will that void the warranty? The model is PE-200 PS- If it matters I'm using the heavy duty blade.

PE200sm.jpg

4. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

im still seeking info on what stick to buy-i hate when guys hijack a thread-start your own

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i also like the echo or the shindawia 260

6. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

Stihl FC 110, all the power you will ever need, if you prefer the curved shaft, get the 100, i have both and can honestly say that i can't tell a difference in power between the two, hope this helps...........Jay

7. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Lawnjocky

Look at the two mentioned and add to the list to look at the 4 mix Stihl and the Stratocharged Redmax. Consider which dealer will give you good service at a fair price. We have a walk behind edger that we only use to establish the initial edge on properties that have heavy growth over the edge. Our dealer had both the 4mix Stihl and the Redmax 2500 Stratocharged. Both were straight shaft commercial units. We put them side by side and picked the Redmax due to the steel wheel, grease zerk at the gear box, and it seemed to fit better in our hands after adjusting the front wheel position height and position along the shaft. Both were nice. After two years we have had no issues with the Redmax.

8. Six8

Six8 LawnSite Member

shindaiwa is what does it for me

9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

check out the Stihl FC 110

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ditto.

lawnjockey,you will love the power of the 110.

Rob