1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What sulkie?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Mar 21, 2003.

1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

Which ones are you running, why and what was the price.

Thanks,

Andy

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'm running an overbuilt no name one that I'm told is cheap but it's indestructable and so heavy that my Scag's front end will not hardly stay down (slight uphill, out of turns or gentle take offs) with it chained up! Why? Because it's about 40-60% more productive than walking and alot less tiring.

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm running a hefner single wheel,it was 200.I would NOT recomend one.My choice for single wheel would be VELKIE, for 2 wheel would be trimmertrap Bullrider.;)

4. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

I am running Jungle Jims double wheeled sulky on mine, and I love it.

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 Havenir's and 1 Velke, single wheel type. All are nice. The Velke allows easy reverse, but the Havenir's have more foot room and a bigger tire. Velke = $279, Havenir's = $189 ea.

6. EHesseyLawns

EHesseyLawns LawnSite Member

im runnin a single wheel velke (i think they run somewhere around 280)...but i want to switch to the jungle jim (two wheel)....with the one wheel, it's makes a third line in the stripe. with the two wheel, the wheels are parallel to the wheels of ur wb and do not give you that "third" line look to ur cut. just my opinion i suppose :D

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Pro-Slide I Forgot the Price thow.
    Johnny G.

8. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Show em some pro-slide stripes John G,-YOU ARE THE STRIPE KING!!!:D :D

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I run a single wheel Velke on my walkbehind and I like it's maneuverablity but that third line down the middle looks ugly so I usually leave it off unless I'm doing a very large yard. I hear good things aboutthe Pro-slide and I'm gonna be getting a dual wheel Velke soon but if the Proslide is better, I might consider that. Does it tear up the grass say if it is wet because it rides on the grass. That's the only thing I'd be worried about.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Thank's Grassdaddy!!
    It will not tear Up The grass When wet It Slides Better. I'll Have Better Pics This Season. This One Is scanned.
    John.

green house resized.jpg