what sulky for toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bone1, May 4, 2008.

1. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

guys, what sulky would you use for a toro wb? wanting to order one today! thanks-brandon

2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm think of getting the tru track ($500 though)

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

4. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

If I buy a toro WB it will have the TRU TRAC

5. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

thanks guys! the tru trac is that the one made by toro?

6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yep, I wish I could put them on any wb. I've used a buddies and it is well worth the extra cost.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If money is no issue I highly enjoy a true Velke, 1-wheel, $300'ish.
    They make others, but a real Velke is nice.

And no Toro doesn't make them, matter of fact Toro claims their mowers are not designed for it.
    Velke makes velkes, hence a true Velke is made only by Velke, Inc.
    Most dealers can order you one.

8. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Hes asking about the Tru Trac, by toro- I don't know if Toro actually makes it but i believe they are the only one with it. It is a very nice system with 2 independent foot platforms each with it's own wheel. Any one ever put one on a different brand?

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Tru Trak sulky is used exclusively on Toro mowers and their isn't another sulky out there on any other mower that can compare to Toro's Tru Trak, period. Topsites if you like the one wheeled velke, good for you, just wait until you try a Tru Trak . It is the best sulky around period, just ask anyone who has used one.

10. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Sulkey vs Velke :laugh: whatever they are, Tru Trak is TORO, it's on their website and listed as an accessory for their wb's. The good thing about the tru trak is that it always stays directly behind the walk behind. In other words it doesn't track inside to cause you to hit a tree or what ever, when you are going around a curve.
    [​IMG]

That thing is rediculous, you certainly can't hang it up on your wb for tight spaces and can you imagine the room it would take up on your trailer.