what sulky is better for toro 36 inch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by O C Landscape, Dec 6, 2007.

1. O C Landscape

O C Landscape LawnSite Member

I recently purchased my first 36 inch mower which is the toro with the floating deck and t bar. I would like to know which sulky is good for this mower and where could i go to purchase this part? :confused:

2. mvp services

mvp services LawnSite Member
    from Avon,CT

I have a toro 48 proline and I use the Jungle Wheels sulky. It is nicely built and with its wide stance leaves a good sttripe in the lawn. Downside is cost, about $300 I think.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

With a 36" w/b mower, a ProSlide, or similar, is probably not a good idea. The weight of the machine, along with the narrow footprint, is simply not enough machine to handle a slider. However, it does depend upon terrain -- always working on flat terrain, it may work fine, on slopes, probably not.

I tried a ProSlide on a 36" Exmark Viking (hydro drive), and found it not to work. I gave it up, and bought a BullRider. The one I have is convertible, trailer or caster modes. A BR will not work in caster mode either, for the same reasons as the ProSlider didn't work. In trailer mode, it works fine, even though the true zero-turn functionality is lost.

4. MOWPART_SCOTT

MOWPART_SCOTT LawnSite Member

Jungle Wheels are extremely durable and easy to attach. You can get them in red or black. If you are thinking about purchasing jungle wheels I have a 10% off all Jungle Jims products in december 2007 deal going on. If you have any questions please respond to this thread or call 972-635-7225 and we will be happy to answer any question you may have.:)

5. MOWPART_SCOTT

MOWPART_SCOTT LawnSite Member

6. growabiz

growabiz LawnSite Member

Only thing to be cautious about is the weight of the mower--with a 36" sometimes the nose is too light and it will cause uneven cut because the front end may keep popping up.