What takes up most of your time that you wish you could get rid of?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mhiggs, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes, Most of the time, well all the time, me too.

2. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Estimates, many hours for free but what can you do?

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

yup, billing and estimates

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I hated everything so quit.

5. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

the most time consuming thing to me is the trimming

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If you feel paperwork is taking too much time and you could make more if you didn't have to do that, maybe hire a secretary. To me it's equipment maintenance - takes so much of my time that I could be out selling or working, but I'm too cheap to have them serviced at the dealership or to hire a mechanic. Hopefully eventually I'll get some employees that are more mechanically inclined! lol

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

8. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Im with you! Driving is the worst waste of time every. I wish i could fly. HAH

Of coarse the most obvious is office time and paperwork. Work a 65 hour week and see how long you can stand the office!!!!! 20 office hours later and the next week has already started!!!!

The thing about office time though, is if i hired a secretary then i would have to pay them to do the easy stuff. Office work is so easy and doesn't take much skill to create invoices, mail, label, and pay bills. Id rather hire someone to do my maintenance than my office.

If i ever need to hire a receptionist. That is a whole different ball game. I would love to have someone answer the phones and schedule appointments. Have them do everything from billing and mailings to getting coffee and lunch. If they are gonna be answering phone, the least they could do would be the paperwork.

If thats what you meant by hrie a secretary then i agree.

9. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

Buy quick books pro. It will save time which is money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. frontierlandscaping

frontierlandscaping LawnSite Member

i use a local small bussiness to handle the paperwork/ pay role she sends out invoices writes checks and sents me everything on quick books once a month, seems like i still have a lot of office time but its a huge help for a monthly rate for me its better having a full time person do this work