What takes up most of your time that you wish you could get rid of?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mhiggs, Oct 20, 2011.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Waiting for spring, everything else is fun even the bookkeeping

2. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

Not doing anything related to the business is the least productive thing related to the business. Paperwork, driving, estimates....all of that is productive. But not doing anything is the worst.

Wait....

What?

3. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

This isnt a productive vs non productive poll. Its a what takes up the most time poll.

There is a difference between Business time and having a life. We as human beings need time for R and R. We need sleep, and we need to be able to do nothing!

How can you be sain working 24/7

4. firefighter38310

firefighter38310 LawnSite Member

Paperwork ....paperwork ...reciepts. I am tired after a long day and I hate paperwork. I am lucky because my wife caught a billing mistake where 2 customers had been getting billed and they both owned lake property so I seldom ever saw them. Wife does all billing and I am good about putting notes and tickets in DROID mobile phone so she can pick up on her end.
    My other jobs have paper work also.
    I have made a joke...you know you have been bad in this world; when you die and you go upstairs and St. Peter tells you to start filling out the paper work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. firefighter38310

Posted via Mobile Device

6. firefighter38310

Oops missed word on my post... the customers HAD NOT been billed....lol. see I hate paperwork
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

8. firefighter38310

Posted via Mobile Device

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Dealing with all of the complaints! LOL, just kidding.

Like many others, the bills/banking, invoicing, expense detail, errands.

Maintaining and fixing things doesn't take as much time but it's a bigger pain. I have spares for most things though or at least something I can use...may not be ideal but will get me by.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

have been there....but am happy to say we have made everything as efficient as possible and are very happy where we are at this time..it has taken 2 yrs to get here though....we overhauld everything from communications to equipment maintenance...we are done each day no later than 5pm....weekends off as well.