What takes up most of your time that you wish you could get rid of?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mhiggs, Oct 20, 2011.

1. firefighter38310

firefighter38310 LawnSite Member

Finding mechanical inclined is hard but the most important for me is finding individuals who care about others equipment. I am basically a 1-2 person operation but when I need help I choose from firefighters. Thier schedule allows 24 on and 48 off and the best part for me is public relations. They are also used to being on time and they can pass a drug screen. Yes, I am also a firefighter and there are some bad apples in all profession but if one tells me he thinks something isnt sounding right on a mower or equipment ...I stop and look at problem. I hope equal employment employment dosent come down on me but by past experience when it comes to mechanical experience and good employees I call fellow firefighters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. MAD whacker

MAD whacker LawnSite Member

managing my employees,
    if i could automate that one duty i would be 200x's more productive..... ( i wish!!!!).

3. MAD whacker

MAD whacker LawnSite Member

as a business owner you have the right to choose ( or not choose ) who ever , for WHAT ever reason.... never had a problem telling some one to find employment else where for this reason or that..... and its MY company....

4. firefighter38310

Posted via Mobile Device

5. firefighter38310

Ty I feel the same...I run my business my way also. I have some winners in the past like the guy who smoked pot while mowing and another guy decided to cut some limbs he didnt like and I can go on and on but last 2 years since using fellow firefighters no problmo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Blowing clippings over an entire yard because my early model Hustlers do not disperse them well.

7. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Blowing blows!

8. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Member

...lol...haha

9. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Member

...restringing the string trimmer.

10. fastbs

fastbs LawnSite Member

Customers with a mouth seem to suck up a lot of time.