what task(s) do you hate most??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jun 4, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: just curious what tasks do you for your customers that you hate?? for me 1) weeding 2) flowers.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Moving furniture, picking up toys, and anything else that keeps us from doing our job.

3. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Personally would have to say attending their Funerals. I always pay my respects to a long time friend and customer. Might lose one a year. Some funerals have been very difficult for me. Most customers have been with me for over seven to ten years.

4. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say all of the above.

5. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Pulling Weeds.....But if it pays good, I deal w/it:D

6. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, not as disrespect but what good is discussing what we hate to do? The more you talk about hating it the worse it gets. The more one hears what others hate the more they will hate it also. I have never used the word hate this many times in ages. I used to dislike Leaf cleanups and shrub trimming. I changed my mind set. Decided to begin to program staff to anticipate and welcome both. I even brain washed my self. Give me a nice day and a tool and I am out the door "loaded for bear". I love to trim shrubs!

You know what I did not like: A recent miss dignosis of new extreme allergies as Cronic Ashma. Nearly switched jobs and all.
    Used to get fairly sick every month. No problems now for 7 months. I am putting my talents happily to work again!

Above health condition was a real career wake up call after I got proper treatment. My passion for maintaning homes would be long gone.

Heard a statement once about whether we choose to use the words "get to do something" or "gotta do something" has a major impact on our thinking.

Glass is half empty? Glass is half full! Some people just Know when to leave or they will be doing the dishes!

7. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Nobody wants to pay what it is worth to pull weeds around here, so we don't do it.

But, we hate moving lawn furniture, any stuff in the yard in our way and citrus fruit, especially!!!!

8. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I don't mind pulling weeds. It's easy $$$ as far as I'm concerned.

The worst is clearing heavy weeds with the trimmer. You will always leave covered with weed & grass juice, and you never know how many snakes and other critters you will run into.

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Working when the customer doesnt pick up after their dogs.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Shrubs during the hot southern summers.