1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What temp for Speedzone?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mwallingford, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

Will Speedzone work very well at the 50 - 60 degree temperatures?
  2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Have personally not used it much but remember last year guys were using it in cold temps and it was working well. It is an Ester formulation so it should work better than amines in the cold. Amines work well over 60, so I'm thinking 50-60 should be ok for speedzone.
  3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely, and even colder if you have morning temps in the 40's and afternoon in the 50's. Other than the odor and being a bit pricey, Speedzone is an awesome product.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Odor? There sure isn't much odor compared to the Millennium Ultra I used to spray. Go to the CDMS site and read the label for app info. As stated it is an ester so it is a cool season killer. Caution signal word and rainfast in 3 hours. A little pricey but that is made up by ZERO callbacks.
  5. cemars

As I said it is an awesome product. I wasn't comparing it to milinium ultra when I referenced the odor, and I can tell you from experence it is rainfast in less than 3 hours.
  6. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Sure - we've been having good success with three way + quicksilver + surfactant, 50's & 60's - weeds are curling up and dying in 2-3 days. QS AI is carfentrazone as well.
  7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Works great in the 50's. Remember, however, that the soil temp also needs to be atleast that high. Just b/c the weather is warm enough doesn't mean the soil has activated yet. (But I'm sure you already know that. :D )
  8. MIDWEST25

MIDWEST25 LawnSite Member

why does anybody pay the price for this stuff;amazing!!!!! Don't you know you can kill winter annuals in 30 degree weather for a fraction of the dollars.Learn to experiment and get creative,It's OK.It's even legal
  9. cemars

Enlighten us then MIDWEST.
  10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if it is cheap then it must be organic so my guess is vinegar.