What the....a dead dog?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, May 1, 2004.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Well, it was about 9:30 this morning and got to my first yard. Its a large property( church) on a very busy street here in Nashville. Its never unusual to find all types of litter in it, and today while I was pulling in to cut it I thought I saw a big black rug.

It wasn't.

It was a big Black Lab that I guess was hit last night.

So what do you do with a dead dog at a church on a saturday? Call the city's info desk, and then a hundred other "departments" that all tell you that they don't work on Saturday.

Well, luckily a cop came by and called it in and a guy came by and put it in a truck.

interesting morning....not mention I forgot my gas, and weedeater line.
  2. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

You lucked out. I usually have to deal with the d****d things myself!
  3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

the street and sanitation dept. should be who to call
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

thats when you make your trimmer guy put a glove on and throw it away :D
  5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Throw it away? lol

Dead animals are considered low level radioactive waste. As their bodies decompose, they let off dangerous levels of radioactivity. It needs to be disposed of properly, or buried. You don't just chuck a 120lb. dog in a dumpster.
  6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I never heard of that before, Decaying flesh letting off radioactive waste! I wonder who is the considering it so? ThatÂ’s sounds like an interesting read; do you remember where you read that? I have spent most of my life on a farm with Cattle, Hogs, Chicken houses and Horses so we just about always had something on its way out. I do know of a Town not to far away that has contaminated water, a coworker said he or any that lived there would set a Geiger counter off.
  7. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I used to work as an enviro lobbyist against Cuomo and his Waste brigade when I lived in New York. I just remember reading it from the literature, and speaking with some of the city workers who were in charge of incinerating them or freezing and shipping them.
  8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

4 things I don't pick up:
    dog $h!t
    dead things

you gotta draw the line somewhere
  9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Most cities wont pick up dead animals unless they are on city property. So just drag it out in the street.
  10. Amen all ferris!!!