What the heck are these hitchhikers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, May 18, 2003.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I woke up after a day of mowing and found a colony of ?spiders? mites? something that doesn't belong on my backpack blower.

There were none when I put it away and about 500 of them in the morning. Little yellow guys (and girls I guess)
    They had a network of webs built and were having a good time. Anyone know for sure what they are? I guess I could post in the pesticide forum but I picked these up on a lawn somewhere.

What are they, thanks.

wlkp 005.jpg

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Another picture if them close up

wlkp 009.jpg

3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Scary? Aint it?

4. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

You probably had a big ole spider's egg wedged in somewhere on your blower. I found a mess of em like that in my utility room one day - there must have been a 1,000 of them. The ones I had downstairs were brown though.

5. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Pest Identification 101:
    You have spiders. Mites are much smaller.

What would you say if you had a customer ask you that question due to the little buggers on their flowers?

And your recommendation would be _______?

6. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

uuuummmmmm ... ohhhhhhhhhh my!!!! That'd have scared the **** out of me!!!!! I would have to sell that blower! Seriously ... whenever I would go to use it (even after the removal) I'd feel those things crawling all over me .. UGH!!!!! NO WAY!!!!

By looking at your photographs, I'd say they're definitely spiders.

yuk!!!!

STick-NINe

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder if you somehow sucked up a patch of spider (eggs?) through the intake and the next day they had spread all over the blower. Sprinkle some seven dust on them.

8. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

They look very DANGEROUS!!!!!

I would sale that blower quick and cheep! PM I know somebody that may take it........:D

Later
    Z

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

A little A200 will clear that right up.
    Crawdad

10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Imagine if you somehow missed them before putting the blower on your back....:blob2: :blob1: :blob4: :blob3:

They are spiders. Chems wouldnt be a good idea as you have to have the thing on your back all day. Best way would be a good soak from the hose under pressure & recheck later on.