What the heck is up with GAS PRICES

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Wrobel#1, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

I have start charging more for cutting since gas went up a $1 since the season begin what should i increase the services by.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

at least 10 bucks per visit.

3. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

what did you raise by

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

With all the refineries out in Louisiana from Katrina it is expected to go up to $3.50+-.

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you crazy?

On a lighter note we are going to leave a flyer to all our customers ASKING for $1 extra per cut untill fuel prices drop back down if they ever do. We are not going to make it mandatory this season but we may next season if prices do not drop.

If we do this about 80% of our customers will send the extra $1 per cut. If or when we have to make it mandatory we will loose some customers because of it. Thats how cheap some of our customers are. Not only that but we gave an estamate for a lawn a little over an acre of $40 per cut. The very next day they had somebody else do it and my dad asked the person how much that company charged (this lost customer was somebody we kind of know) and she told my dad $20 per cut. How can somebody stay in business like that?

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are not in business. You would be surprised how many people buy a nice new ztr for their own property and pay for it by mowing a few other lawns.

7. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

prostreet remeber where in business to make $$$$$$$ gas may go down alittle but not much