1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What the lighting world needs now........

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by MAGLIGHTING, Feb 8, 2009.

1. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Tim,
    I have not used the ABT product. If possible could you take some pictures of your application tomorrow and post them here? It would be better than just seeing a brochure for the product. Thanks!

Keith

2. djt22

djt22 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I hear ABT's Motion Sensor is due out very soon have not heard of any real issues with it. I just helped a contractor control some 110 volt lighting with it and have another contractor ready to control some 110 volt and 230 volt waterfall pumps on a project. Keith check out there website they have a video of how to install the product. It is actually very easy to install after doing it just once.

3. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

djt,
    Thanks for the info!

4. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

The range is AMAZING. Atleast 300' with no direct line of sight.

Pricey but will use again.

Also wish they would make an all on button

5. Spilllight

Spilllight LawnSite Member

It's the small gauge wires that make the connection to the terminals that has me concerned. Also to me, it seems like failure city. The site did mention some of the other transmitters are limited to 100'. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of RF tech. If all the waves in the air had color, nobody would be able to see the tip of their nose. Maybe when they use more microwave tech. i'll get curious again. But, I guess if you guys are having good luck with it I'll keep my eye on it too.

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

My FOLD delivery didn't make it today so I will get some photos for you tomorrow David.

7. Lite4

ABT also make the medic alert tags. You the "I've fallen and I can't get up" technology. It has to be incredibly reliable. This is what I have been told anyway.

8. djt22

djt22 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Spill are you speaking of the wiring on the ABT?

I tested the range on it having a display set up in the back of the supply house went outside to the main street at least 750 foot away in front of another office building with no clear line of sight and worked like a champ. I can not see this having issue working on a Residential system.

9. Spilllight

Spilllight LawnSite Member

I am speaking of the ABT wiring. If you have a common terminal loaded with LV wires then put ABT wires between the common and the LV lines will they be able to handle the Amps?

The transmition you mentioned is impressive. Thanks for the reply.

10. Lite4

The ABT will handle 900 watts between 3 circuits. Each circuit handles 300 watts for individual control.