What the smart ZTR is wearing for 09

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastMan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

This cracks me up.

http://dixiechopper.com/home/models_view/7

Is it for mowing woods? If a guy wants to hide from his customers I think he's going to need a different camo pattern. Hmmmm, what would we call it? Spring lush? Turf stripe?

And I bet guys pay a premium for that paint job too! :hammerhead: :laugh:

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They've had that mower for a year or two now. Apparently it sells pretty well because they're still making it.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Anything with Camo will sell in the South. Even the girls wear it (along with their pink John Deere shirts).

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

It sure does! my trailer dealer sells dixies and I've been eye balling that camo version sense I walked in there a couple years back.. If I remember correctly the guy sold a couple of those last year..

5. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

It amazes me that anyone would ever pay extra for that crap. If it will cut grass and is dependable then thats all that I care about. Why would anyone ever pay EXTRA for that, its going to cut grass the same and is going to have the same dependability as the "regular" dixie chopper. Dumb business move to buy that...in my opinion.

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

What got me was the Echo chain saw my dealer has that's in camo. I can see it now, some guy working in the woods somewhere....sets it down, and forgets where he left it and can't see the damn thing. Brilliant!!!

7. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny. Thumbs Up

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Does it come with a ghillie suit for the operator?

9. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark has the same thing. I think it is on their Quest models that they sell, they are also camo color.

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

But not near as good looking.. Thumbs Up