what the?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Dec 7, 2007.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Its purpose is to provide a soft downlight from eaves onto a wall. If used properly, the fixture itself would not even be seen.

Basically, whoever uploaded and oriented the photo did a crappy job. For one, I've only ever seen it used in white, to blend in with white colored eaves, but NS will custom color them for you to match whatever RAL paint color you have...

http://www.nightscaping.com/fixt_specs_notemp/gambino_specs.htm

http://www.nightscaping.com/linedrwpdfs/gambino.pdf

" Hide the Gambinoliter behind eaves or patio covers to provide soft yet functional downlighting for outdoor dining and sitting areas. This fixture offers you multiple shielding options and unlimited positioning capabilities built-in to the standard design. The Gambinoliter is available in any of Nightscaping’s® powder-coat finishes or the custom color of your choice. "

2. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Probably cause they're fashioned from common plumbing pipes and fittings.

3. pete scalia

So Gambino designs lights for Nightscaping too besides his own pipe fittings?

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Well there are some around here who seem think it could just as easily have been called the Scalialiter, but I keep telling them they're confusing two different guys... even if they both claim to be from Lawn Guyland.... (that's the phonetic version for us non New Yorkers to pronounce it correctly.)

:)

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Have a great day.

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I could use that Gambino lighter quite well over garage doors and such. It would disappear under the soffit.

I do use several Terradock lighted dock cleats in a year. They do very well and only 5 watts each.

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I have used 2 of the Gambino Liter fixtures for just that application... over the garage doors, flush mounted to the underside of the soffit. They blended right in and work very well in the application.

Have a great day.

8. pete scalia

That's what I've been saying all along, Gambino is a Genious and deserves the nobel peace prize.

9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread is getting really funny! :dizzy:

10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I hope you didnt power them up with a UL 1838 TF. That wouldnt be up to code now would it??