1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what things really bug you when working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenerman, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

When it rains and I am halfway thru cutting the lawn.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

All sorts of stuff lol

Sweat getting into my eyes and burning like *&%^...
    Bugs, especially deer flies and yellow jackets, dang those things are nasty.

Equipment that I've fixed for the 100th time breaking down, SAME problem.
    Yeah yeah tell me I don't know what I'm doing but it still aggravates.
    Like the truck's a/c, yup, just found out it STILL leaks :cry:

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

1. Commercials on the worktunes
    2. Bad songs on the worktunes
    3. Annoying radio announcers on the worktunes
    4. Bad stations coming in over good ones on the worktunes
    5. Worktunes eating batteries weekly

I see a trend here... maybe I should ditch the worktunes and learn how to use my ipod...

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...I don't have any of those problems with plain ear muffs. :laugh::laugh:

5. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

This time of year, sweat bees. Man those things hurt!

6. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

freakin insurance agents pulling up to a property to try and sell me a policy.....first off get lost I am working, secondly, get lost as if I am buying a policy on the front lawn of a customer

7. LCCaptain

LCCaptain LawnSite Member

Dog crap, hidden holes in yards, low branches trying to stripe with the neighbors dog running over property line at me, neighbors that make a couple passes on my customers property on 2" setting, having to scrape the deck after every yard from morning dew ect ect.

8. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing.

Any day above ground is a good one.

9. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

-people talking
    -Other people working at the house, contractors or painters or whatever. Its a pain to work around them.
    -dog shits are a big one. i added a poo charge. if i hit any poops its 5 bucks extra. i have everyone scheduled. they know when i come. i say the poo needs to be gone when i get there.
    -when its hot out and you forget to check how much line the trimmer has. then it runs out the farthest possible place from the truck.
    -the damn work-tunes. i pick up every other station but the one i want.
    -push mowing sucks.
    This one really pisses me off. i have one property where the neighbor cuts a half a pass over with a 2 inch setting. it makes my first pass look ********.

i missed a lot but its what i came up with off the top of my head

10. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

Lazy clients leaving stuff scattered all through their yard, clients expecting me to pick up their dog crap, political campaign signs, clients not cutting back lower limbs...and...and...and...my biggest complaint...clients who get their lawn sprayed/fertilized during the wet growing season. Hello...it's growing like crazy on its own and it's already really green from ALL THE RAIN during April and May!!! A lawn that typically produces two or three bags of clippings shouldn't take six to eight bags of clippings. Oh yeah...forgot this one...feeling like we don't really matter and every other type of contractor is above us. Like when a road crew places all their signs and equipment in a lawn or when a building contractor places all their tools, etc in the lawn instead of the nicely paved driveway.