what things really bug you when working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenerman, Jun 25, 2010.

1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

what really pissed me off today is when you dig holes for plants around trees and bushes and there are like 50 anooying roots everywhere that take like a half hour to get through then you put the plant in to find out you have another 2 inches of roots to go through...then you got to put it in and go 2 feet over to do the same thing around the same tree.....

2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

trampolines, only my PITA customers have those.

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

fat older women or men out in there ......... well near nakedness cuz they can. There went my straight lines!

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Trailer lights. I have 5 trailers and it seems at least 1 has some light issue.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

When I get there, and the grass has already been cut.
    DAMN.

As some might guess, that happened to me today.
    On the other hand I should have known, when a customer looks for a lawn
    service this time of the year...

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Working around the sidewalk and every one has to come through.
    Thank gawd for insurance because I'm not stopping them and they sure aint stopping me.

It's fun to watch their faces it's like as if, I just smile and rev that little trimmer wide open.
    brap brappp.

7. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

little landscaping rocks that are between the pavers of the sidewalk that the trimmer picks up and throws into their storm window

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing bothers me, I'm a professional!

9. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

just move it with your mower works for me!

Id list mine but you guys pretty much covered it!

how about those morning shows that are on every single station until 10-11am?! :cry::cry::cry:

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

This one always bugged me too, until I started to sell the customer on stump grinding to get rid of the stump. It created extra work (income) for me, while reducing my trimming time as well as reducing possible damage due to hitting a hidden stump with the mower.

I have this really small lawn right on a major route that the state DOT placed one of those electronic message boards right on the lawn, making it impossible for me to get onto it to mow. What really ticked me off was that they could have placed it 50 yards in the other direction and it would have not bothered anyone. It was there almost 3 weeks. Luckily, the house is not occupied, but the lawn still looked awful by the time they moved the sign. It was up for a temporary detour for road construction.