what things really bug you when working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenerman, Jun 25, 2010.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Running over a wasp nest.
  2. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Did that with a bush hogg and a hornets nest... if you wana test the top speed of the tractor thats a good way.
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Usually it's not as fast as I can run...:laugh::laugh:
  4. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

it tops out at like 20- 22 or so. it wasnt fast enough tho!
  5. 81Bronk36

81Bronk36 LawnSite Member

mine fell off and popped apart... there was brown sweat in there... nasty:dizzy:
  6. Lined-Out Lawn Care

Lined-Out Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What about mowing for FAMILY members who have an insatiable appetite for nit-picking and telling me I didn't do a good job, after working for them for years before we started having any issues. Everything was always done exactly how it was asked to be done. I came to mow one day and he told me he was going to start paying me $40 less than normal. (This was on a $120 yard! And that was with a FAMILY discount!) Everyone else in the family told me that that is just the way he is and there is nothing that can be done about it...
  7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I do family for free! Except they pay for materials so I'd figure 8-10$ in gas
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. ancjr

ancjr Banned
    from Indiana

Spider webs, spiders, horseflies and snakes are getting to me this year. Was snake bit Friday in a hay field. Never even saw it. Luckily it was a dry bite.

Be careful out there!
  9. Lined-Out Lawn Care

Lined-Out Lawn Care LawnSite Member

To ajslands

He called me to ask if I wanted to mow his grass for him when I was a freshman in high school as a paying gig. I kept him through the years and we never had problems until one day he just started freaking out on me. I only mow my parents house for free, everyone else pays. None of my other family members have ever assumed they would get free services. They respect the fact I'm running a business. No offense to the people who mow for family because that is an awesome thing to be able to do for them but I can't do it. Mainly because all of my family own large properties that would take 3-4 hours to cut. If I had family with little 10-15 minute yards it would be different maybe.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch, now that would piss me off.
    Granted I think the RELIEF would override my anger lol