what things really bug you when working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenerman, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ewilly

ewilly LawnSite Member

While finishing trimming on your 6 acre customer, the customer comes out with his garden tractor, mower deck as low as possible (with bent antiscalp wheel mounts) towing a trailer to pull out weeds (read trees growing in the bushes) and the DECK SPINNING THE ENTIRE TIME :cry:

I had to double check my deck , as I walked back to do the trimming I saw really low cut grass, thought I accidentally dropped the deck to the ground, then saw him cutting across the stripes with clippings flying. :hammerhead:

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

dog crap
    having to prick trash/move things
    low tree branches
    people stoping to talk to me
    running out of gas/ trim line
    dogs
    getting hit by debris

3. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

LOL....up-date on my first post on this thread...

I was talking about dog poop and 1ft deep holes in lawns, one customer decides to kill two birds with one stone so to speak....She is picking up the dog poop and now also filling up the holes in the yard............."Yeah"....you guessed it....she is filling up the holes with the dog poop......Now if I step in the hole, I'll be ankle deep in dog $hit....

I guess I need to watch what I ask for....

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

That's downright messed up!!!

5. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

People that try to talk to me and watch me
    People that want a seperate price for mowing and trimming 1 week
    Peolpe that act like Im an idiot and dont know what Im doing
    trash
    low limbs
    dog **** people that leve there water hose on the lawn (they have to buy new ones every week )
    People that ask me to hack down there garden with with a 10,000 mower and say thers nothing in there then you find page wire, stakes and lots of rocks
    people that if I have a couple of lawns beside each other and I havent blown off there sidewalk start to sweep and i tell them Im not done
    peopole that mess up my stripes by mowing over 2 feet as low as the mower will cut
    people with an acre backyard and a 30 ionch gate
    people that say do mow with those big mowers
    peole that say they dont like stripes and thin somethings wrong with the lawn
    fences CHEAP A$$ES
    Kids at school that drive piece of Shets f 150 or old chevys with big tires and a smoke stack in the back of a gas truck that rev up there truck in auto mechanics class with rebel flags in the back of the truck saying my truck could pull your truck when i have a diesel along with tobacco juice running down there chin.
    Thieves
    liars
    gays
    fat people that say they are disable (unless really something wrong)
    people that work only when they need marlboros
    rednecks
    people that live in a trailer park
    the list goes on!!!!!!!!!!

6. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

So what do you like ex-mark?

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have no problem with people leaving hoses out in the lawn. To me it means they care enough about their lawn to water it. I just move it aside or coil it up for them...not a problem and one of the reasons I walk lawns before I fire up my mowers.

8. exmark user

I like people thatcare about the lawn and dont have trash anywhere nice clean lawns.People that dont want to talk to me just hire me and pay good .
    people that give refferals.
    apartments

9. exmark user

Just a thought do you guys think Micheal donovan hires his yard cut? LOL

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i hate the awesome looking college girls sunbathing in the lawn when you come to mow for two reasons

1. they act like you are the devil for interupting their tanning session
    2. i cant hit on them anymore