what things really bug you when working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenerman, Jun 25, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping::laugh:great post!

2. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

Slow pay or no pay, customers parking off the driveway on the yard so I cannot edge, then asking why I did not edge there, Stuff in the yards like dirt piles, rock piles, boats, trash etc. I have a clause in my service agreement now about stuff in the yard. Wasp nests. Mosquitoes. Flying stuff hitting you at break neck speed. Hills. Kid toys gotta be a top 5. My favorite is when you mention an area of concern like trashy areas and the customer states, "Oh yea, I am going to get that cleaned up this week." Four cuts later guess what, it is still there!

3. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

when im weedeating next to this gravel path and the little pieces of gravel fly up, hit me in the face. and the hot and muggy weather of south georgia (goes straight from summer to 2 months of winter then back to summer)

4. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

there is this old guy in between two houses that I mow (I used to mow his, but he started complaining that I cut too high, and I'm not going to cut at 2" no way because im not going to be associated with a hacked up lawn), and he mows EVERY DAY. on like 1.5". its ridiculous. his lawn looks so hacked up and scalped. and the dust is unbearable, my clients say, because their cars are constantly dirty because of him mowing EVERY DAY. every natural day he is on that mower, and he is going to have a weedy yard because he is just totally obliterating his grass's root system.

5. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

YES... I always get the board housewife who want to chit chat... But only when i'm hungover or it's a 100 degrees and i've mowed all day long and i'm nice and sweatie..

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Cutting my mower off to talk to someone and them just wanting to talk.

7. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

yep, was blowing leaves today and a woman rolled down her window and started talking. I shut off the blower and take out my ear plugs and say I'm sorry, I didnt hear what you said and she says "That blower is big!" and then drives off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree with the ear muffs. I get red hot when a branch catches them just right and rips them off my head. Also, it really bugs me when people try to talk to me when i have ear protection on. Their lips are moving, and i can't hear them. A few times they walked off, because they thought i was ignoring them. I didn't see them behind me. Now, when i think about it, i take one side off when i see someone, and i'm not running an engine.

9. mgoldman

mgoldman LawnSite Member
    from Cola SC

pinecones and sweetgum balls
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

When my parking lot/park spots are taken. When i'm hungry and want to park, i have a few places to go for shade and good scenery. Today, two of my spots were taken, luckily number 3 was open. Also, i don't like people waving at me from inside; it's just very weird, because any other time, they'd say "why are looking into my house?"