What Time do you dare start??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, Jun 10, 2004.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

What time do you people dare start mowing high end residentials in the morning? Just curious. Ever had people complain? Do you try to show up the same day of the week on every account?

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well not mowing, but ive shovled snow at 5:30am before school last winter and got yelled at by the neighbors, the homeowners didnt mind one bit.

3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

starting on first residential lawn between 7am and 7:30am.. Commercials start around 6am on weekends, if I get my lazy butt out of bed;)

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

waking up at 5:30 tomorrow. mowing starts at 7am

I got tboned today in my suburban (backup mowing mobile) by some dumb 16 year old in a ricer eclipse. flipped me and my suburban upside down and i had my trailer with me. luckily the trailer popped off and all the stuff was ok. but he totalled the suburban. man, 2 totalled trucks in 2 weeks. im doing good. had to crawl outta the truck upside down through the window. my friend tooks pics, i'll post em later.

5. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

John,

Sorry to hear about truck #2.. :(

Ughh, do you have a truck #3 ready?

6. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

You lost to a rice rocket? Man, sorry to hear bout your bad luck, glad your ok. Stupid ricer cars, I can't think of anything I hate more. Some pics would definently be cool though...

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

that really sucks john, i cant belive that, first your ford, and now your burban, i bet your insurance loves ya. but serisouly that sucks, i wish you best of luck. i havent been having best of luck either latley. wish ya luck!

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've never started a mower before 8 am, but then again I'm a night owl.

:eek:

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

starting my first account @ 8am tomorrow. I really hate to roll onto lawns @ 7 or 7:30am but i will do it if i'm behind schedule. and yes, i always mow on the same day unless there is heavy rain or a holiday.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

not to get off subject, but ya the mitsubishi must have been going pretty fast. I didnt see him until he was about 15-30 feet away from me, and right when I saw him I just grabbed my sterring wheel and hung on for the upside down ride/crash. Nope, not on truck 3 yet. the insurance company and the body shop stripped the truck today and inspected everything, but my appraiser hasnt called me back yet. Well tomorrow im driving the jeep wrangler, the last of the cars with trailer hitches, we'll see how well that one lasts.

quality, yah my sales guy at ford has one waiting for me, but i need to just make sure the 250 was totalled.

my new truck is gonna be a 2004 f350 single rear wheels, crew cab, black, 4x4, diesel, long bed. the only difference between the new truck and the old one is that the new one has the 8' bed, and its a 350 instead of a 250.