1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what time do you guys get up in the morning

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rats5656, Nov 19, 2002.

1. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

what time do you guys get up in the morning before you start your day
    what are your guys sercets for getting up early in the morning
  2. 4:30 spring and summer.
    5:30 fall
    can't sleep in on Sunday

My secret
    this ole cat (17) needs breakfast and won't wait

priss on chair.jpg
  3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Usually around 6am.

My secret is (don't tell too many people) I set my alarm.lol
  4. I get up at the crack of noon. And yes, red is the best color of twine to use in your trimmer.
  5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

630, out the door at 715, leave shop for first job at 745
  6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

5:00am make coffee, take dogs out, 6:00 wake up wife with coffee in bed. 7.00 out the door.........................
  7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

5:00 weekdays......$h1t, shave, and shower. Take the dog out, feed him, feed me and at work by 6:30.

Set your alarm, or buy a louder one.....you'll get up. You just have to get your body used to it.

There are many-a-night that we're out till 3 or 4 and still make it up and to work on time.... no secrets really.
  8. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Get up about 5:30

From what I've read we sleep in 90 minute cycles and the deepness of the sleep looks like a V. We start lightly at the top left and in about 45 minutes drop to the deep sleep at the bottom of the V. then rise to light sleep at the top right of the V.

In order to wake up easiest and at your sharpest shedule bed time backwards fom your desired wake up by 90 minute intervals. A 10pm lights off for me, gives me 7.5 hrs or 5, 90 minute intervals. I don't use an alarm clock.

If you have to get up earlier than normal for some reason and or with a short nights rest, determine the 90 intervals and try to schedule the get up at the top of the V.
  9. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Up late, gotta get up early? Drink a little more. Bladder is a built in alarm clock. LOL.

Except at the Opryland Hotel. Room on the gardens, all the water sounds, window open - Carol slept like a baby, Jim had to hit the head every 2 hours.
  10. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I get up anywhere between 4 and 5 AM. My wife says my internal body clock is still adjusted to Bahrain time.