What time do you start cutting lawns in the morning? residential

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by s helping hand g, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

We leave at & every day so if we are not doing a commercial job then we cut as soon as we get to the first house typically between 7:15 and 7:30.

2. s helping hand g

s helping hand g LawnSite Member

thank you for the responses! sounds like 8am is best... my crew has been starting at 7am every day for the past month to take advantage of the cooler weather in the morning..i havent got any complaints yet from any one but may be they just dident call yet

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

If they do complain just explain that to them. I don't see how they wouldn't understand.

As for me, I don't usually start till around 9am. My Mother-in-Law watches my kids....so I get to work when she gets to my hose. It is hard to ask your free babysitter to come early in the AM. Wich sucks, cuz I have to work later in the day because of it. Not to much of a problem, it actually lets more of the DEW dry off before I begin to mow.

4. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

residentials start at 8, any commercials that arent in residential areas start around 6:30

5. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

I guess location got to do something, here in PR residential lawns are started at 11AM, but commercial has to be earlier or late, before or after working hours, to avoid accidents when there is no consumers around, Malls for example, it has be done when in the mall are security guards only, before opening or after closing time................................insurance prefer it that way.

6. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

i leave home at 7 and starts before or at 7:30

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

I have been doing true commercials (far away from hosues) at 5:30 lately. Residentials I will start at 7 during the week, doing people who I know work and are up early. Most of them are leaving when we show up. I haven't had any complaints. HOAs etc I wait until 8.

8. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i start my residential accounts 7:00 not complains the earlier the better because of the heat

9. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

8 am 6 days a week commercial or residental

10. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

Almost every other type of contractor will start at 7 so I don't see the point in waiting pas that...construction, oil, plumbing, cable etc all come at 7 if you are first on their list for the day.

Especially in our industry with the heat and then in the fall the short days starting early is key IMO

Hell I'd start at 5 everyday if I could.