What time do you start cutting lawns in the morning? residential

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by s helping hand g, Jul 25, 2010.

1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

we meet at the shop at 7. The guys go out as soon as everything is loaded. Usually 7:30 by the time they check the oil, air pressure, grease, fuel and head out. the first lawn probably between 7:30 and 7:45. A bit later on the weekend.

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

you should try doing all that maintenance in the evening after the day is done. thats what i do, then it gives me more time to sleep in the morning.

anyway. i start at 8am pretty much most days. i have one commercial account i start at 7:15am.

the noise ordiance in our city won't let anyone in residential zoned areas start making noise until 8am. commercially zoned areas are wide open.

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

If the commercial is a hotel, should you start at 8 or would it be okay to start at 7?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. yardguy28

it's a commercially zoned area so i'd start as early as i can see.

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer the stuff to be done before the equipment goes out for the day. Oil checked and what not. No real maintenance just the quicky maintenance stuff in the morning before the equipment goes out.

6. yardguy28

it's not like any of that stuff will change overnight unless you have a leak or something. just saying.......

to each his own though.......

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Are you kidding! That's when all the equipment grows legs and walks away!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

7:00 a.m..............

9. rockerchris

rockerchris LawnSite Member

When I get there...

10. s helping hand g

s helping hand g LawnSite Member

im considering having 12 work days!!! having my crew start at 7am and end at 1pm 6 hour shift and than a 2nd new crew starting 1pm to 7pm also a 6 hour shift useing the same truck and equipment,and haveing fresh employees should speed up productivity and get more work done + more money

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010