What time do you start cutting lawns in the morning? residential

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by s helping hand g, Jul 25, 2010.

1. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

This year is different than last year for us. Its going to be sun up till sun down.

2. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

when the dew is burned off.

3. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys start at the shop at 5:30 , they get 15 mins to pm the equiptment, load, fuel and so on. If they aren't out the door by 5:45 they I'm getting nervous why. On the commercial Job by 6:00 am, Start Res around 8:00 am. Work a 10 hour day, 4 days a week. Three day weekends
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

Man most of you guys start early. I dont even wake up till 7:30 and I probably get to my first account around 8:30 I hate cutting when there is dew on the grass because of clumping.

5. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

7am residential as long as it's dry enough.

No complaints so far but I experimented with earlier than that, 6:00-6:30, and started getting a few calls. Occasionally I'll get a request to move a specific customer to later in the day because their neighbor works nights but usually no bid deal

6. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

We like to be on the first job by 8am.....finish last by 4pm.....mon-fri only, no weekends unless we are more than 2 days behind schedule which rarely ever happens.....we do have some shopping centers/ warehouse complexes that can be done as early as first light if we need to catch up...but not part of the norm for us.