What Time Do You Start Cutting On Holidays

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, May 27, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

What time would your crews start cutting on a holiday that most all people would be off work and may want to sleep a little later, or is this even a consideration.
  2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

7am The Next Day.
  3. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, No holiday work for me.I did it for 25 years.
  4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

9 a.m tommarow, I have to do 1 lawn, she wants it done before the parade. I said ok, and she said she'd give me a bonus seeing how I"m doing it on a holiday.
  5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll start early with a couple commercial accounts...then move to a few other accounts I need to get....then go home...fire the grill up...open a cold one...and enjoy the day with the fam.
  6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Not planning on working tomorrow. Gotta get some relaxation and do some tidying up around my own property, maintenance on equipment, wash the truck, do estimates ect...
  7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I see absolutly no point in working on holidays. Everyone needs a break. Plus, I would be PISSED if I was having a family deal or cookout or something and some lawnguy was making a bunch of noise at my house or next door. I know I will NOT be mowing anything tomorrow.
  8. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

6:00 am for commercal place like shopping centers and go from there.
  9. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

When I Started Cuttin Years Ago I Started By Filling Up Fridays First With Cuts Then Thur. Then Wed. And Leave Tue And Mon For Misc. Work. Memorial Day Off. No $ But Thats Ok. I Think Most People Prefer There Lawns Cut For The Weekends Or As Close To Them As Possible Anyways.
  10. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Unless your servicing 60-70 accounts a week, and having around a 50 mile one way drive to get to them:hammerhead: