What time do you start?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CSCAPE, Jul 17, 2003.

CSCAPE LawnSite Member
    from AL

What is the earliest time in the morning you start a residential
    job? I try not to begin before 8AM, for fear of waking up the
  2. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

8am sharp, we used to start 7-7:30 for 4 years, people seem happier now with that time. We have gotten one complaint at 9am - that's too early?!? Employees were happier also when we moved the time to 8am.
  3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Agree not before 8AM. Nowadays, with so many people complaining about noise, especially from backpack blowers, I think it is poor business practice to start earlier.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

How about on the weekends? How early is too early?

5. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

We show up at work at 7:30. with 5 guys in the company it takes about 30 minutes to do all maintenance on the machines, mix gas, unload grass and load machines. so it's usually 8:30 by the time we roll up to the first job site. We don't mow on saturdays unless it rains...then its prolly 10 before we start. We try to do hedge trimming and everything on saturdays since it's quieter...we've had people never know we were there when we were doing some serious landscaping.
  6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

On Mon. and Tues. we start at 6:15 Wed. we spray weed at 6:15 and begin mowing at 7:00 Thursday, Friday and Sat. anything with a mower starts at 7:00

Need to take a couple of days off toward end of next week so am going to mow on Sun. this week.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

8am is the earliest for residential
  8. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

8 am for res.
    5:30 for some comm.
  9. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

7:00 a. m. I think most people understand with it being hot that I need to start as soon as I can. :cool:
  10. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member