1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What time do you usually start work on the weekends?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Jun 11, 2011.

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering what time everyone starts work at when you have to work on the weekends.
  2. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We start our commercial properties at 5am. Try to get things done so by mid-afternoon we are free to enjoy life.
  3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

usually, I start my residentials at 8am (on weekdays) on Saturday, I start at 8:30am
  4. gravelyman50

gravelyman50 LawnSite Member

9:00 on saturdays, bought ready to leave right now, got rained out this week... again.
  5. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

in the RARE case we work on saturday we will start at 9am...never before 9....on weekdays we start at 8-830....for residentials.........now for commercial work we will start at 7-730 and only if no homes nearby....most local ordinance laws have noise restrictions before 8am....not too many will enforce it unless they get a call.....ive had to call on a company mowing a house behind ours at 7am on a sunday morning....they received a warning from the pd and never come before 9am now...its the guys who arent considerate of the residential game that get things like blowers banned in california....yes several small towns in ca. have banned the use of blowers altogether.....keep it up earlybirds and we will all be using old push reels and hand clippers...lol
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

When I work on Saturdays, I generally start at my leisure. I do my mow route and a few odds and ends on Sat. I don't get too hot to trot to work when I've already put in 60+ hours of work already during the week, and luckily my mow route isn't much to deal with.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

9:20 here on Saturday morning sipping my coffee and not even thinking of loading up yet. Only 3 lawns to mow so I'm in no rush. I don't usally work Saturdays, or at least I never used to. It seems that so far this season working Saturday has become the norm.
  8. jetedwardz

jetedwardz LawnSite Member
    from MA

diddo i got 5 small lawns all in town and actually one is mine so .....i do have to replace my front brake pads tho and im gonna let the drizzle subside a bit
  9. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

I wish we could get a rain we need one bad even with all the early rains we had! West tn
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I got up at 7am and my wife and I went to the Farmer's market. I work all week and don't work on the weekend at all. Good luck boys.